Friday, February 9, 2007

My first post!!

This is a big day for me!! After dithering for a long time, I finally have a blog. Imagine? I had been thinking of writing a blog for a long time. As I read the newspapers and the magazines; as I listen to NPR and watch CNN, MSNBC and Fox; I realized that I had an opinion that differed from what I was reading, listening and watching. So, here are my two-cents.

My hope is that this blog will open my mind to new ideas and opinions. I also hope to interact with others who share some of my views and differ on others. And I hope to have a conversation where we are constantly seeking the truth. As they say - The Truth Will Set You Free. That is my hope and desire as I embark on this journey.

As you might guess from my name, I am from India. I spent the first 24 years of my life there and have a deep affinity for that country. Now, that I have made the US as my home, my first loyalty is to my new home. Well, today I came across an wonderful piece by Cait Murphy from Fortune titled "India the superpower? Think again" that lays out the truth. Like any piece of journalism, this has some facts and some opinion. I am sure that we can argue a lot on the opinion and some on the facts, but by and large, I think that this is a very truthful piece. Let me know what you think.

Let us start a conversation where we can disagree without being disagreeable, where the focus is on facing truth even when it proves us wrong and makes us uncomfortable. Thanks for your time and your views. And thanks for helping me grow.

No comments: